If you have API keys that were generated for you by our Support team, they will show up on the list of active keys.
You can only create and manage keys if you're a Next Matter admin.
- Go to Company > Next Matter API keys.
- In the top-right corner, click + Create API key.
- Enter the name for the key and select the user that to whom the key will be assigned.
- (Optional) To set the expiry date for the key, select the Add expiry date checkbox and select the date and time. If the expiry date hasn't been set, the key will not have a default expiry date.
The date and time are displayed in the timezone of the browser.
- Click Create API key.
- Copy the key and click Done.
You can always update the expiry date for the key even if the key has already expired. Click Edit for the key and enter a new date.
You can re-assign the key to another user or update the expiry date. To update the key, click the pencil icon and edit the data.
To delete or revoke a key click the ... (three dots) to the right of the key data and select the action. Before you delete or revoke, ensure there is no integration using this key. Otherwise, the integration step will fail.
Once you revoke or delete the key, you can't activate it again.
You will find the list of parameters for the Next Matter API calls here.
However, you can also browse code examples for specific use cases such as:
- How to complete a decision step using API
- How to upload a file
- Update an email-step or user-selection drop-down
- How to stop an instance
- How to select and delete instances
Updated 2 months ago